Sunday, March 18, 2018

Battle Arena Map level map concepts

 These are the paper maps that I did it for my Battle Arena.

  This is my First map call Donut Land. I got this idea from one of Mario Kart 8 battle mode map.The location is going to be in the sky, with a big giant donuts, snacks and candies going around the space, and warm color. During the battle, one of the objects flying around the space hits the donuts and it is going to kill players if they are in the danger area.


      This is my second concept and my personal favorite map call Battle Arena. I got inspired by Monster Truck. In this map, the terrain is mud, the location is in one of the stadium, and the time is night. The special part about this arena is that players will fight 1 vs 1 only. If one of the players die, another player is going to spawn in random area in the map. Also, during the game, the spike randomly spins in the middle for a few seconds.

 
      My third concept is Restricted Area - 01. I got inspired by skyscraper from Mario Kart N64. The concept is the sci fi oil factory that is located on the sea, the time set in noon, terrain is metal, and the color scheme is gonna be blue. The special feature about this map is the moving platform that moves down to the water and destroys the vehicle on that platform.


      My fourth concept is Horror Mansion. I got this idea from maze and Luigi Mansion from Mario Kart Double Dash. The concept is the old horror mansion that is located inside of the wooden house at night time. In this map, the wall comes out in specific area, so players have a chance to meet blocked road. Also, whenever players go to the door, they come out from other side of the door.


     The last concept is the Laser Zone that has a sci fi lab concept. The map will heating up some areas randomly that kills players for a few seconds.


     For this assignment, I choose Restricted Area 01 because it has simple shape, but allows players to fight in the map where the map gives players warning sign and change the map size. Here is the refined version of my level board for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment